The CMA Education Foundation supports the hands-on learning that occurs outside of the classroom at maritime companies. Internship stipends are provided to students currently working as interns at domestic, maritime companies that are interested in pursuing a career in the maritime industry.
Here for Our Community
- The host company must be a domestic maritime company.
- The host company must have at least one full time employee that is a member of the CMA.
- The host company is eligible for up to four interns per year.
- One intern stipend per internship regardless of the length of the internship.
- A student can be eligible for one internship per year.
Start Your Application Today
- The Intern must have the CMA member and the Human Resources Director at the host company sign their completed Registration Form.
- The Intern is to write a brief essay about their experience and what they have learned. The CMA EF might publish the entire or parts of the essay in an annual report, on its website or in the CMA newsletter.
- Before the end of a student’s internship with a maritime company or within 30 days of the end of the internship, the Intern sends the Registration Form and their essay to Beth@cma-edu.org.
- Once the Registration Form and essay has been reviewed, Beth will call the Intern to receive their Social Security Number and then stipend will be forwarded directly to the Intern via wire transfer.
- The stipend is $300 a week for up to 4 weeks, $1,200 max per year.